Welcome

Welcome Ladies,

I have designed this blog with us in mind. The purpose of my blog is to give us an outlet to discuss the joys and frustrations of being single or married. This blog is our forum to express ourselves and hopefully realize that we are not alone in our personal experiences. I hope that you use this blog to free yourself of all the things that you are holding on to or that are holding you back in life. I look forward to hearing your experiences as we learn from one another how to handle situations that may arise in life.

Warmest Regards,


Lady Tee

Friday, July 1, 2011

Having A Life

When you are in a relationship, do you feel that it is important to have a life outside of the relationship? I ask you all this question because recently I was invited out to a social event with my best friend and her sister. She has been married for 8 years and I am coming up on my 11th year of marriage.  I was really excited to go, but I felt bad about going and leaving my husband and two girls at home. I can count on one hand how many times I had a girl's night out within my years of marriage. Yet, when the opportunity comes around again, I felt like I had to find a way to ease the topic of me going out with my husband. Why should it be a big deal? Why is it difficult for us to take time out for ourselves outside of work and home to have an appropriate social life with friends?

6 comments:

  1. i enjoy reading this blog,very interesting ladies come lets blog and free ourself and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I reflect I am often reminded that being married is hard work, however there is more joy than sorrow. I am glad that there is an open forum where we as women or men can address or seek advice from people alike. lets join forces in this quest to vent, share advice, and laugh as we see that our life is not much different from others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FREE ME BABY IS A VERY INTERESTING TOPIC I THINK SINGLE OR MARRIED YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE A NITE OUT WITH THE LADIES WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY SO LADIES COME JOIN ME IN THIS BLOG AND EXPRESS YOUR FEELING THERE I FEEL BETTER ALREADY SO FREE ME BABY....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one of the keys to a healthy marriage or relationship is having a life outside of each other. Spending too much time with each other can be just as detrimental as spending too much time away with friends- you just have to find a healthy balance. Both partners should be able to enjoy time with friends without feeling as if they are making their spouse or partner uneasy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you lady tee. It is very important to have a social life outside marriage or relationships. As khyra mentioned, too much time isn't healthy for a relationship. Too much time can result in break ups or simple arguements. One is going to get on the others nerves. Give ur significant other space. Give them the opportunity to miss you. Communication and understanding is the main key to a marriage and relationship. Whenever u feel as if u need a break or just want to go out with friends, it shouldnt be a problem. Why? Because u and your spouse communicate with one another on a level to where you understand the others point of view. So lady tee, Go out and have fun! Your husband understands....

    ReplyDelete